Thursday 5 August 2010

hello
Quite a busy past few days so I'm looking forward to a few days camping in Snowdonia means I'll will be out of touch for a week. No internet reception in the mountains or mobile phone . But not to worry I've lived most of my life without either.
weather-wise it could be rainy, apparently August is the wettest month in Snowdonia. so I'm taking some reading matter and a note book and some pencils. I may get some drawing done.
One of my cats go himself into a brawl with another and has come off worse (I think) but he's now on anti-biotics for the infection. He's got some nasty bites. i hope he gave as good as he got. He's now feeling sorry for himself and at the moment is curled up by the computer watching me. He usually tries his paw at typing but not tonight.
My trip to Conwy was very interesting. It was raining when we got there but it cleared up and was hot and sunny for most of the afternoon. Wandering up and down of what remains of the castle is awe inspiring when you realise how primitive the tools the workmen had in the 13th century. the building is so substantial. And quite high rise when you think about it. most of the towers had at least four floors.
The tudor town house is another impressive place to walk around. This stone and wood house has been restored with many of its rooms furnished so that you can see how the occupants lived. You would certainly needed to be rich to live in it, it must of cost a fortune to heat. No wonder everyone wore loads of clothes from top to toe.
Must close for now

No comments:

Post a Comment