Sunday 25 July 2010

First of all can I thank everyone who responded to my blog and I hope that you will enjoy the new one. Unfortunately the failure of my first blog address was it turns out down to my mistake entirely. Now months later I'm ready to start again although by now I have been back home for quite some time. So the blogs will return to holiday memories past and present. With I hope some relevant current stuff too.
As I write this my daughter Anne and her family are spending a holiday in South Africa en route to coming back home after spending the last few years in Australia. As they are settling in the South East they will still be a little way off but much closer than the thousands of miles betweeen here and Aus. I'm hopng that our summer weather will give her a big warm welcome and that this present very rainy spell will end soon.
Tomorrow I'm heading out to Conwy with my other daughter and her family to pick up a print I bought a couple of weeks ago. It's a painting of Benllech Beach on the Island of Anglesey. Benllech Beach holds a lot of childhood memories of holidays there and this picture captures some warm feelings I have for this place.
While in Conwy we'll visit the castle and the Tudor house. Go down to the harbour to see the `smallest house in Wales` a tiny dwelling tucked against the town walls. Then finish off the day with afternoon tea in one of the many little cafes. That's the plan but of course it will all depend on the weather.
Friday 23rd July

No comments:

Post a Comment